Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Worsley's grovel...

Rode again on my own this evening as everyone either busy or not able to make it till to late. Weather was cold so had a few layers and was fine, made for a nice temp climbing, which was about the only nice thing about it tonight. I headed over to the bottom of Worsleys spur via the usual urban single tracks, managed to startle the pants off some guy walking his muts on the last little section with the steps that comes out on Worsleys road. It is funny when they panic and think you are a manic out of control and in reality you are just cruising and absolutely under control. Anyway I hit the road climb up and felt my lack of riding recently again very quickly, not much power in the legs. The whole way up felt like I had it in the big ring, which I can assure you it wasn't (I checked several times!!!) and someone had removed the air from my tyres and replaced it with mercury. I did catch a guy on the last few hundred metres of road and held the gate for him and some walkers at the start of the 4 by track. I carried on up noticing a bit of damage to the trail from a vehicle and eventually came across the culprit not to far from the bottom of the bag. It was a pretty standard Isuzu Bighorn with mudgrip tyres bouncing up the track. They seemed to be having fun and I was surprised they made it that far. They turned round before the Bodybag, but would have made it up there no worries if they wanted. Up the bag I took it pretty easy up the first half as I wanted to ride it in the middle ring still, so needed to conserve some grunt for the top which I needed. Made it up and then headed up to the top of The Nun. Went straight into it and felt a bit unco as I hadn't ridden it for a while and I think being a bit tired made it tough to feel just right. Still had fun on all the jumps and berms and enjoyed it. Pulled up at the Kiwi and headed up the road to Vic park where I dropped in via the see-saw and did a couple of jumps on Brakefree. Headed over to Sesame Street which I hadn't ridden for a while either and was surprised at how cut up if was in a few places. Rode it really badly but did a good drop off the wall from high up but was always on the wrong line or not sure what was on the other side of several double jumps so chickened out on them. Came out on the skidder site and took Dazzas or some version of that, there are so many lines in there now, I think I might need GPS next time!!!! Took the wrong exit and headed to Pono's (I think) for the first time in about a year, had to take it easy as I had no idea what was on the track, it seemed smoother than I recalled but with a few new jumps. Made my way down to the bottom of bridges track and headed out to Bowenvale Ave with the light beginning to fade pretty early. Thought about heading up Hidden Valley but decided time was short and energy even lower.
Headed home via some more urban trails. Fish n' Chips for dinner....

No comments:

Post a Comment