Thursday, August 21, 2014

Mission: Day 2

After the efforts of the night before I was expecting to take the usual gentle 7.5km ride to work as usual.  However upon noticing a flat rear tire on the car in the morning and also realising that both front tires were well passed their used by dates I pumped up the flat with the floor pump.  It was audibly leaking but not super fast, so I drove to the Cust garage and put more air in there before driving to my usual tire shop in sunny Kaiapoi.  As I had no appointment booked they couldn't do anything right away and had to get my tyres in anyway.  So I got the bike out and rode from there.  It took 45 minutes to do the 20km or so into a 40 to 50 km/h head wind which was also whipping up a lot of dust.  I had my fingers crossed the wind would remain until I came back. 

After work I got back on the bike and noticed the wind had died considerably.  Luckily there was some good gusts along the way though and I was able to ride most of the way in second from top gear.  This time it took around half an hour and I was a lot less buggered at the end.  Still a lot more riding than I had bargained for when I got up this morning, but good training when added to last nights jaunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment